Friday 23 December 2016

Breaking the sugar/carb habit


I am so grateful to #PlexusSlim ! Although I enjoy sweets, I was a huge CARB fiend! From my very first day on Slim almost a year ago was the beginning of breaking my sugar addiction! (remember carbs get turned into sugar in your body).    Where I couldn't keep chips or crackers in the house because I'd eat the entire package in one evening, now I'm finding they lasts for weeks (and in some cases go stale before I finish them)

#Chromium supplementation is a simple method to improve blood sugar control in some people. Several studies have evaluated the effect of chromium on #glucose levels with varied results, but a significant number of these studies have shown that chromi...um can normalize blood sugar levels, improve blood sugar utilization and decrease insulin requirements in patients with glucose intolerance and insulin resistance. In one study, blood sugar responses to a carbohydrate meal of white bread were measured with and without a single dose (400 micrograms) of chromium. The addition of chromium resulted in a 23% reduction in blood sugar after the meal. Thus, taking chromium with carbohydrate-rich foods may be an effective way to lower the glycemic index of that meal.


Chromium and cholesterol levels   

Chromium also plays a role in fat metabolism. Several studies have investigated chromium’s effects on lipid profiles. A number of those studies reported reductions in triglycerides, as much as 32%, and reductions in total and LDL cholesterol. These positive effects were noted when studying the risk for heart disease in #healthy people and those with #diabetes or glucose intolerance.
Chromium diminishes carb cravings 

If you are like a lot of people, you might have a compelling and recurring hunger for carbohydrate-rich foods. Cravings for starchy and sugar-laden foods are common and are a type of addiction....so glad I broke my addiction



No comments:

Post a Comment